Finding help can sometimes be a challenging task. We have outlined organizations that can help put you back on track. Even if you made a good income last year and need help this year, you CAN find the help that you need. DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER AND DON'T GIVE UP.

Washington County Resources 
Economic Support 

Community Services



  • Bridge To Benefits
  • Snap
  • VEAP
  • Family Means
  • United Way and 2-1-1 FREE TAX PREPARATION
  • The Beehive - great directory for money, health, jobs, school and family
  • Open Arms of MN
  • Twincities
  • Habitat for Humanity and Restore Store


Food Support Program Overview: food support program is for people and families with low incomes. Households must meet certain requirements and provide information/ verification about their financial circumstances, including their income. To learn if you may be eligible for food support please see the information below. Or, to see if you qualify for the program, there are a few questions you can answer by completing the food support questionnaire.
 FAQ - resources coming soon





Homeless Services:


If you live in Washington County and have fallen behind in your mortgage payments, you should contact an HRA Foreclosure Counselor as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the fewer options you will have for staying in your home.  Please contact Washington County HRA Foreclosure Counseling at 651-458-0936.
 Fair Housing Resources - Your Rights and Responsibilities:
Were you treated fairly the last time you tried to rent an apartment or purchase a home? The Fair Housing Act of 1968, and subsequent amendments, prohibits discrimination in housing based on race or color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Everyone deserves a fair chance.

If you suspect unfair housing practices, contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development Fair Housing Hotline at 1-800-669-9777 TDD 1-800-927-9275 or the Minnesota Department of Human Rights 1-800-657-3704.

MN Housing Finance Agency 


Foreclosure Prevention Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Program (FPAP)The Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Program assists Minnesotans facing foreclosure due to a temporary financial crisis by providing case management services and, if applicable, mortgage payment, or other financial assistance ona one time basis. The program is delivered through community-based nonprofit organizations statewide.

For general information about the Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Program, call the Minnesota Housing Consumer Information Line at 651-296-8215 or 1-800-710-8871. You may also contact HOME Line at (612) 728-5767 or (866) 866-3546. HOME Line provides free legal, organizing, education and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems.

MORE resources coming soon



Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) assists families in paying for child care for children age 12 and younger and children ages 13 and 14 who have special needs so that parents can work, attend school, or job search.

Effective October 14, 2013, a family's gross income must be at or below 47% of the State Median Income (SMI) at the time of initial application to qualify for the child care assistance funds.

Qualifying for Child Care Assistance Based on Gross Income

Household Size 47% of SMI

2 $27,895

3 $34,459

4 $41,023

5 $47,587

6 $54,151

7 $55,381

8 $56,612

Washington County WorkForce Center:

The WorkForce Center is a collaboration of partners whose goal is to bring job seekers and businesses together to help them meet their needs.
Washington County WorkForce Center administers programs targeted to dislocated workers, low income adults, disadvantaged youth, welfare-to-work participants and low income seniors.  Our goal is to help them become successful in securing and retaining jobs and to enhance marketable skills for the current labor market.

Mission Statement: To provide employment services and training options that connect employers and job seekers through community partnerships and technology.

News & Events:

MNsure is a new marketplace where Minnesotans can find, compare, choose & get quality health coverage that best fits individual's needs & budget.  For more information, please see the following fact sheet ....
MNsure fact sheet

Registration for WorkForce Center Workshops
View the May & June workshop calendars. Click here to register ... 

 Please register at least two business days in advance of the workshop. We cannot guarantee space for late registrations. Parking is very limited; plan to arrive early to secure parking. There is no admittance to the workshops if you arrive later than 10 minutes after the start of the workshop. 
Additional questions call 651-275-8646.

Each year our 100 volunteers help to serve 400 families and over 1,500 kids have a brighter holiday with Toys for Tots. We need your support to help with toy drives and volunteering on committees.
Pre-registration for Toys for Tots does not start until after Thanksgiving.

Washington County MN - Disabilities  Adult / Child / Senior - Individuals with Disabilities

The LTCC (Long Term Care Consultation) is a service provided by the county agency to assist individuals and their families in planning, and choosing services. A social worker or nurse will conduct a home assessment with the client and family, at the residence of the client. The consultant can then provide direction and information regarding resources. The client, family, and consultant can then discuss options regarding a care plan, taking into consideration all aspects of the client's unique situation. This is a free service.

An LTCC can also be requested when a person is residing in a nursing facility. This can be useful if someone is looking at moving back into a community setting.

Intake Line
The intake line is the first call for individuals and family members for a variety of services. A telephone screening is done on the intake line to authorize nursing home placement for Washington County residents who need nursing home level care. The public may access the intake line by calling 651-430-6484 during business hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

For more information please contact the adult intake line at 651-430-6484.

Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services Available Services: Washington county can assist residents with an alcohol/drug abuse health assessment process (also known as Rule 25), which consists of:

  • A chemical dependency/drug evaluation
  • A determination of the need for chemical dependency / drug treatment

If the assessment recommends chemical dependency / drug treatment, funding for treatment through the Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund (CCDTF) may be available. CCDTF is a funding source of last resort, and other options for payment must first be explored.
 Applying for Services - An application for services must be completed and can be done in one of two ways:

  • Visit our office during our business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. If you would like assistance with completing the application, please come in between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
  • Download, complete, and submit the following forms:  CD Packet  see link below...

Fax it to us at 651-430-6527 or email. In addition to your application, be sure to fax or email the verification / documentation requested.


Please reload